Me - as you may want to know.

My photo
The man from Vadakkencherry, currently sailing in Bangalore for the last 4 years with a job in the Silicon Valley. He loves and enjoys every bit of his life. A very humorous guy with his current passions being gymming, long distance running and cycling! Always a die hard cricket player and Man U Fan. You can catch my professional info @ LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/in/aswinkumarvg). Catch me personally at info@aswinkumar.com

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Diwali, Crackers and Manchester United!

Wish you all a very happy diwali!
It was a great diwali celebrated @ my uncle's house. You should see the way the whole house was decorated with colorful diyas, flowers and food!


All thanks to Ramu (our master chef), me and Ashok were treated to some great food (including my fav - masala vada). In the evening, before the relatives poured in, we with the wonderkid jayanth went to the cracker shop in the new I20. Bought a whole lot of stuff (it would surely have pushed the company's revenues sky rocketing!). The children burst all the crackers while we were the respected spectators (there was a time, when i used to love them but not anymore.. age is catching up dude!) The fitting finale was the 10000-wala with the whole street looking on. It was a spectacle and the professional photographer (so-called) was taking the pics throughout.. Hope he shares them soon.

The diwali was more special with my fav Manchester United winning again Bolton in the EPL (2-1) and with Chelsea, Liverpool losing, they moved to the top of the table... Diwali Special for Sir Alex!!!! Glory, Glory, Man United!

The next day was spent playing cricket (2 a side) with most of the matches being won by me... Hee hee Sridhar Mama... You should see his face when he finally won a match. It was like India winning 20-20 world cup.. :)

The day ended with me putting my technical head into resolving one of the most complicated issues remaining in his house - making the wireless router work. Here i should apologize for assuming BSNL to be the culprit where the real villain was NETGEAR... Jai Ho!

No comments: